SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P938 Ambi Safety
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P938 Ambi Safety Login/Join 
Picture of rwilli
posted
Is there a reasonable way to convert the Ambi Safety on a 938 to a single side safety?

Assistance/advice is appreciated

Bob W.

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwilli:
Is there a reasonable way to convert the Ambi Safety on a 938 to a single side safety?

Assistance/advice is appreciated

Bob W.

It's apparently not difficult, and uses a SIG part (perhaps the 238 safety??) But I cannot supply details, as I had mine done by Robert Burke when I sent it to him for some action work. His charge for the safety conversion including part was $25.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It is as easy as taking the ambi safety off and putting on a single side safety. You can get it from these guys for $13.00

http://www.midwestgunworks.com...p238-parts/1200749-R

Installation is simple:

Skip to the 2:00 mark and take heed with what he says about the spring under the safety. I was fortunate to find mine after the plunger after it popped out and hit the ceiling. Even though the video says P238, the P938 is the same. Same part for either pistol.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
HenryAZ, Edmond---Thanks.

I have no problem changes parts---I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything that required serious engineering. I did the same on my two 1911's --and well, That was a challenge but doable for or me.

Thanks again for the info.

Bob

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams

Posts: 125 | Location: Southern Missouri | Registered: November 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
If you would like to have grips without the ambi-safety cutout on the right side grip panel, contact LOK grips. http://lokgrips.com/

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Bob,

Nothing is needed. It's a total drop in, not a semi like a 1911. You won't need to do any filing. The link I posted has the single side safety in various colors: silver, black and rainbow titanium.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
If you would like to have grips without the ambi-safety cutout on the right side grip panel, contact LOK grips. http://lokgrips.com/

Great info, Thanks

Samuel Adams

Picture of rwilli
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Bob,

Nothing is needed. It's a total drop in, not a semi like a 1911. You won't need to do any filing. The link I posted has the single side safety in various colors: silver, black and rainbow titanium.

Thanks

Samuel Adams