SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    pro shot cloth?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pro shot cloth? Login/Join 
posted
hi i got a pro shot silicone cloth in a gift & wanted to know if it was safe to use on my 220 Legion? i don’t want to do anything that would mess up the finish

a man’s home is his castle, that’s how it should be defended

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 23, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
While I don't have a Legion, I have used silicone cloths on other P-series pistols before with no ill effects. I usually found them to be either too much or not enough when it came to the coating they left behind, so I pretty much just use a patch with a little bit of lube nowadays.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I use nothing but TGS silicone cloths which are the largest and least expensive I've found. When they're new, they're saturated with silicone. After the package is opened they tend to dry out. I have an aerosol can of silicone which I use to replenish the silicone.

I use them on all my pistols w/o ill effects. The cloth restores the luster finish to the Nitron which tends to turn gray.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post