SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Re-Lamping Trijicon night sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re-Lamping Trijicon night sights Login/Join 
posted
Does anybody here has any experience re-lamping their sights with trijicon?
How much? etc
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 119 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

You need to call Trijicon because the costs depends on which sights you own and if you send your slide in for Trijicon to remove & mount the replacement.

I've sent two slides in and let Trijicon take care of the entire job. In both cases, they replaced the entire sight with brand new ones instead of replacing the lamp inserts.

They also use an arbor press to remove & install the sights, both times the sights were dead center and accurate.

If you want an upgrade to Suppressor Night Sights for future use with a Red Dot Optic, or you want HD Night Sights, this is a good time to ask Trijicon for pricing options into a new sight.

Trijicon CUSTOMER SERVICE
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST
(800) 338-0563

Trijicon Night Sight product page:
www.Trijicon.com/Products/category/Iron-Sights

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to keep your "sights" just go to who Trijicon uses. http://tooltechgunsight.com/

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I've done it about 3-4x. They are slow, but it's a very cheap way to get new sights. For a pair of Bright and Toughs, I think it was $56, which included return shipping. I sent a front sight recently and they charged my $19 to replamp it, but sent me someone else's sight back, which did not fit. There was no way to really ID the sight or whose it was, so they just sent me a new one. It all took a while, but they'll call you for payment info when it's done. I have so many old dead night sights laying around, I'll probably just keep on sending them in as I need new ones.

Posts: 3492 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses, plenty of useful info.
Happy new year!

Posts: 119 | Location: Delaware | Registered: September 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
They currently have my front sight. 4 weeks to assess it before calling me and 6 weeks quoted to fix it and return it. $19. I say it's worth it because front night sights for a Beretta 1201FP are unobtanium at any price.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
As has been noted, if you don't use tooltech, Trijicon usually asks you to send in your sights for evaluation. I've had them re-lamp a few times, and on other occasions they call me back and tell me they can't be re-lamped but offer me new sights at a pretty decent price.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post