SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P228 hammer strut
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 hammer strut Login/Join 
posted
Can I use a p228 hammer strut in a German P229 frame. I installed a P228 kit on a German P229 frame. Every thing went great until I installed the hammer strut. The de cocker would not work and hammer would not drop when I pull the trigger.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Your problem is that the hammer strut was not in the correct position-that's all. It must be as far back in the frame opening as possible. Keep trying.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll give it another try.

Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dog44:
Can I use a p228 hammer strut in a German P229 frame. I installed a P228 kit on a German P229 frame. Every thing went great until I installed the hammer strut. The de cocker would not work and hammer would not drop when I pull the trigger.

Did you get this resolved? Like GarBF said, you need to get the strut as far back underneath the hammer as possible. Then try lightly pulling the hammer back ever so slightly so you can feel the rocking/pivoting effect. Once you get it right you will feel it. Good luck!

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow I bent the hammer stop spring so it was on an angle towards the rail. I replaced the hammer stop and spring and it went together with no problem. Thanks for your help guys.

Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to get it fixed.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigman940,

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post