SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    MPX-P Handstop Missing

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPX-P Handstop Missing Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up my brand spankin' new MPX-P from my LGS after waiting about 6 mos. for backorders. Great "pistol", but I noticed that the small handstop was missing from the front of the handguard. To me this is a safety issue due to the 8" barrel and how easily a finger or hand could cross the muzzle. I had the dealer check his other MPX-Ps and the handstops were missing from all of them. The dealer was contacting their SIG distributor to find out if they've been discontinued or not. I didn't wait, and contacted SIG Customer Service myself. The CS rep compared the packing list with the parts list, and said that the handstop & keymod screw should have been installed. They are sending me the parts at N/C. Just FYI for anyone buying a new Gen 2 MPX-P.

Posts: 12 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was in a little bag in the box.

Posts: 392 | Location: ATL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACClauhs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guinness301:
Mine was in a little bag in the box.

Same with the one I purchased in addition to every MPX that came through the shop I worked at. I've never seen one show up with them installed. Glad to hear CS is taking care of you though.

Posts: 341 | Location: PA | Registered: February 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Believe me, both the dealer and I went through the box and packaging with a fine tooth comb. No handstop. The dealer also checked 4 other new MPX-Ps that came with the same shipment, no handstops either. The dealer thinks that SIG ran out of them and is having more made. I checked back with SIG Customer Service (Dec. 5), my replacement handstop is still on backorder and I probably won't see one for a couple more weeks.

Posts: 12 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post