SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG P226 X6 PPC

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG P226 X6 PPC Login/Join 
posted
I purchased a P226 X6 PPC in 2013 . It has a major problem with ejection. One round ejects to the right then to the left and straight back into my face I have tried replacing the ejector, extractor and recoil spring without success Returned to to the Canadian distributor who had it for two years, still didn't fix it. Contacted SIG US and basically told nothing they could do I have written SIG Germany and have yet to receive a response. Not very pleased with SIG Service. Considering the cost of the firearm one should expect much better service!

Posts: 50 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: December 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this is remotely possible given your canadian locale but I'd try and get it to Bruce at grayguns. I've battled several X gun ejection issues (but I really doubt it ejects to the left!) and if you can't get it fixed with a new ejector then you need factory help.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 5826 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hrcjon; That's the problem ...getting it to SIG for service From what SIG US says, they can't help so i am left getting it Germany who have an embargo on SIG firearms going to North America. They havent even responded to my mail requests
Right now I wouldn't recommend SIG purchases for anyone in Canada. I actually have a video of the ejecting problem and it does throw the occasional round left as well as straight back into my face!

Posts: 50 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: December 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At this point I can tell you that SIG USA cannot fix an X-5/X-6. But Bruce probably can. He normally says he needs the whole gun but maybe he will make an exception for you and work with only the slide which shouldn't be that hard to get imported. I have a long history of fighting ejection issues in Xguns and am now (tens of thousands of rounds later pretty good at it). Post the video of a full left I'd like to see it.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 5826 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rufous03:
I purchased a P226 X6 PPC in 2013 . It has a major problem with ejection. One round ejects to the right then to the left and straight back into my face I have tried replacing the ejector, extractor and recoil spring without success Returned to to the Canadian distributor who had it for two years, still didn't fix it. Contacted SIG US and basically told nothing they could do I have written SIG Germany and have yet to receive a response. Not very pleased with SIG Service. Considering the cost of the firearm one should expect much better service!

What weight recoil spring? In my X5 All Around 9mm I am using a 10 lb spring for 130 pf loads.
I also had ejection problems with a 226 Stainless 9mm using Tight Group in 130 pf loads. I tried swapping recoil springs, bullet weight, powder loads, and even a new barrel with no improvement. Switching from Tightgroup to WW 231 solved the problem. Obviously I am not a big fan of TG for 9mm loads.

Posts: 92 | Registered: January 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Can you look on the end of the box and see who the distributor was for your pistol ? Just curious with the two year wait.

If it's who I think it is, they are now gone.

Posts: 351 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post