SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    My RMR finally came in and the screws are too big for my 92 LTT!!!! Help. Advice.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My RMR finally came in and the screws are too big for my 92 LTT!!!! Help. Advice. Login/Join 
posted
Hello,
I have had my Langdon RMR cut and plated complete slide sitting all alone for a long time while waiting for my Trijicon RMR to come in. Well, yesterday it finally came!!!!! I tried to put it all together and low and behold the mounting screws are too big!!!!! Cripes!!!! I’m dying here!!! I believe they are 3/8”. I believe I need 5/16”.

Anyone have a line on the next size smaller I can order? A good company? Someone that sells/manufactures these types of screws?

I have this on the Beretta Forum too. Hope this is ok. I figured the more the better.

Thanks in advance!!!

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m staring in the box I got back with my slide and it has the necessary screws. Yours did not? Call ltt

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You got a motorized grinding wheel? Thread a nut on first and then grind off 1/16th. Remove the nut to straighten the end of the threads and screw them in.

Posts: 1179 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why? Langdon clearly intends to ship the correct screws with the slide (my two examples) let them give you what you need and didn't get.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disregard!!!! I found them. When you said yours came in your box I looked around and found them in my range bag. Why I put them there I don’t know..... even had the tube of thread lock Ernie provides.

Thank you!!!

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post