SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    DAK to DA/SA and DA/SA to DAK question with two different pistols

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAK to DA/SA and DA/SA to DAK question with two different pistols Login/Join 
posted
Forgive me if that sounded strange, but here is my situation. Before I even venture into this,, im asking the Sig community is my quest is even possible.

I have a Sig p239 DA/SA. I am about to acquire a Sig p226 DAK.

Is it possible to change out both pistols with the supplied parts( give or take)? Can I swap the DA/SA stuff on the 239 to the 226 and the DAK stuff on the 226 to put on the 239?

I really haven't thought about it and am curious if it can be done without too much of a headache??

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks you.

Posts: 91 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
NO.

Posts: 11385 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^^Agreed, NO^^^

The parts are not compatible.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 3880 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your responses.

Posts: 91 | Location: Richardson, Texas | Registered: September 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Many P239 parts are different from the other Classic line pistols' is why not.

“Without its tough spearmen, Hellenic culture would have had nothing to give the world. It would not have lasted long enough. When Greek culture became so sophisticated that its common men would no longer fight to the death, as at Thermopylae, but became devious and clever, a horde of Roman farm boys overran them.”
— T. R. Fehrenbach, This Kind of War

Posts: 39094 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post