SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P 320 X5 FCU questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P 320 X5 FCU questions Login/Join 
Picture of Malysh
posted
Does the X5 FCU work in a standard P320 grip module?

What are the differences between a standard P320 FCU and an X5 FCU?

Thanks in advance for your replies
Mike

Posts: 418 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that someone with both hasn’t responded by now, but for what it’s worth, I have two regular P320s and a friend has an X5. When we were working on his recently, I didn’t notice any differences. I don’t know: Does SIG make any claims that the X5 trigger is better?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for replying.
Things happen; people get busy. I was also surprised (but not upset) I got no replies.
This is a good bunch here. I am sure it's just like the Colt Forum, and many other forums I belong to. We kind of take turns answering questions. Sometimes a thread just falls between the cracks.

I called SIG Sauer and they said the same thing as you did.
The X Five FCU is interchangeable with a standard P320 FCU.

I don't know if I'll like the straight trigger or not, but even that can be swapped out for the standard curved trigger.

When I asked the customer service guy that, he said " I don't know why anyone would want to replace the X Five trigger with the standard one. The X Five is the best trigger we make" Smile
He may be right, but I have no experience with the straight triggers and they look weird to me.

I'm pretty impressed with the P320 platform. I started with a carry 9mm, bought sub compact and compact grip modules. Then early last year I bought a full size 40 cal. X Change kit ( they cut the price $40 when i called Sig). Recently, it was a full size 357 Sig barrel.

So, I decided I should get a lightly used extra FCU (at a good price). Kind of defeats the money savings feature of just using the 1 FCU, but the heck!

Posts: 418 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your update.

My first P320 has had four different triggers.
The first was pre-“upgrade,” and I did not like it, and literally started wearing gloves after it raised a bloody blister on my trigger finger during the first range session.
The second was a straight trigger from Apex Tactical Solutions. It was an improvement over the original that I felt had too much of a curve.
The third was the post-upgrade from the factory. That was satisfactory, but …
The last is the factory straight (X5) trigger. It’s not a huge improvement over the curved upgrade trigger, but for me it’s enough that now I have the same one in my second P320.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post