SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P239 DAK compatible frame
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 DAK compatible frame Login/Join 
Picture of charlieb
posted
Can someone please send me a picture of the right side of P239 DAK compatible frame with the grip panels removed. I called and was told it was compatible, but I am guessing at this point that information is wrong as the trigger bar will not install. My eamail is in my profile or you can text me one to six-eight-two-two-two-nine-eight-six-one-zero. Thanks in advance.

CHARLIEB

[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
----------)_'_\ * (
''----------------\ - \
''-----------------\ *_\

A few sigs, a couple revolvers, and a few others

"Here hold my beer while I light this" Lefty

Posts: 2937 | Location: Texas- West of DFW Metromess (Weatherford) | Registered: April 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
As requested:

Something to be aware of if you don’t have experience with working with DAK pistols is that installing the trigger bar can be very difficult to impossible (for me, anyway) if the sear assembly isn’t removed first. That’s not necessary with DA/SA or DAO mechanisms, but I do it all the time when working with a DAK pistol.

Email sent as well.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of charlieb
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Any chance you have one of a non DAK compatible P239 frame as well?

CHARLIEB

[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
----------)_'_\ * (
''----------------\ - \
''-----------------\ *_\

Posts: 2937 | Location: Texas- West of DFW Metromess (Weatherford) | Registered: April 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlieb:
Thank you. Any chance you have one of a non DAK compatible P239 frame as well?

Unfortunately, no.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
TOP GUN SUPPLY used to have images of non DAK and DAK compatible frames. I think it was in the FAQ section but I don't see them there now. They do list the parts and the suggestion to call SIG with the serial number, which you already know.

I did a Google search using "sig p239 dak and non dak compatible frame jpg" which resulted in a number of hits. Hope that helps.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of charlieb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
TOP GUN SUPPLY used to have images of non DAK and DAK compatible frames. I think it was in the FAQ section but I don't see them there now. They do list the parts and the suggestion to call SIG with the serial number, which you already know.

I did a Google search using "sig p239 dak and non dak compatible frame jpg" which resulted in a number of hits. Hope that helps.

I appreciate the response......... Unfortunately their photos don't work, and the ones I saw were only 229 not the p239. Neither my DAK compatible nor non-compatiable 229s, and 226s, look anything like my 239. The photo above is close but top of the cut appears more rounded than any of my three 239s.

CHARLIEB

[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
----------)_'_\ * (
''----------------\ - \
''-----------------\ *_\

posted Hide Post
Charlie, if you can wait till later today I will send you a pic of a non DAK frame if that's what you are asking for.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just sent pics to your email

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of charlieb
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

CHARLIEB

[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
----------)_'_\ * (
''----------------\ - \
''-----------------\ *_\