SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229R DA troubles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229R DA troubles Login/Join 
posted
When using the double action of my '08 P229R, the hammer's safety intercept notch is often (but not always) catching on the sear, instead of the hammer falling to strike the firing pin. This particular pistol only has a round count of less than a thousand, and has been to Grayguns for their reduced reset carry work some eight years ago or so. As I said, this happens irregularly, as I've only noticed it as I've begun to repeatedly decock the hammer for increased DA dry fire practice. Any thoughts on where to start in addressing this? Thanks all!

Posts: 15 | Registered: February 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Does your gun have the SRT kit installed?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Any damage to the sear spring? Is it installed correctly?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
Does your gun have the SRT kit installed?

No SRT kit installed.

quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
Any damage to the sear spring? Is it installed correctly?

No damage to the sear spring, and it is installed correctly.

Posts: 15 | Registered: February 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post