SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Replacement barrel for Sig m17
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Replacement barrel for Sig m17 Login/Join 
posted
I'm searching for a replacement barrel for my m17. LCI and witness hole are causing blowback on my Leupold red dot.I have read where others with this problem returned to Sig and got a replacement which seems to have fixed the problem. At this time I prefer to buy a replacement /upgrade over having to return my weapon to it's factory spec.
I have looked at several brands "Faxon" being one...which their web sight says does not work with m17. I swear I read some place that it does work but you need to remove the LCI to do so.
thanks for your help in advance.
I just now talked w/tech support to inquire about them replacing my m17 barrel due to blow back on my Red Dot and was told they do NOT replace barrels on m17. and my only choice was finding a after market. He said that Sig is in the process of making all new barrels with witness holes from now on.
I am really at a loss at this point. He told me that the lock up on a regular p320 has a different lockup. This stinks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: henryT,

Posts: 16 | Location: northwestern PA | Registered: January 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I don't see how your problem would be solved by changing barrels to a non-LCI Notch version anyway. You would still need to remove the LCI from the slide, and then the problem remains. Seems you would need to replace both the slide and barrel w/ non-LCI versions to resolve this issue. Of course if you do so, you no longer have an M17.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nhracecraft,
The more I search and read, I agree that seems to be my only route.In a few past posts it sounded as going to a none LCI barrel took care of the blowback. But when you think of removing that part it will leave a much larger void that keeping it factory.
I thank you for sharing your thoughts. I just wish Sig had but more thought into this build and Optic option.

Posts: 16 | Location: northwestern PA | Registered: January 31, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post