SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Night sights for P229RX conversion kit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Night sights for P229RX conversion kit? Login/Join 
posted
Today I ordereda 9mm P229RX conversion kit from the Sig store. On their website I noticed that the description claimed the slide has only contrast sights, which the rep that took my order confirmed. I asked if they could add night sites there in NH before shipping it out, but he said Sig “doesn’t have” night sights for the P229RX.

I didn’t understand this as my current 9mm P229 has night sites. So why would the RX be different?

Posts: 47 | Registered: January 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Height to be usable with the optic

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Atebit sig sells suppressor heights siglite night sights. Not sure why they told you they didn’t . I don’t have an rx to check if they co witness

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My P229, 9m, Legion RX X-Change Kit has suppressor height X-ray night sights. Optics Planet has the following listing under "Sig Sauer X-RAY3 Day/Night Sight Set SOX10009 Color: Black" with an estimated delivery date of 6 to 8 weeks. Call the Sig Legion rep. He may be able to put you on the list to buy when they become available from Sig. Sometimes can get a discount, too.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Posts: 2 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atebit:
Today I ordereda 9mm P229RX conversion kit from the Sig store. On their website I noticed that the description claimed the slide has only contrast sights, which the rep that took my order confirmed. I asked if they could add night sites there in NH before shipping it out, but he said Sig “doesn’t have” night sights for the P229RX.

I didn’t understand this as my current 9mm P229 has night sites. So why would the RX be different?

i got the same conversion kit for a 226. Came with the suppressor height contrast sights NOT the night sights. I think that the legion version comes with Night sight suppressor height sights. One can order them separately. I got the conversion kit to see if I could actually adapt to the Romeo 1 or similar reflex sights. Jury is still out really engrained to look for the front sight and not the red dot though the aging eyes may decide it all anyway.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post