SIGforum
Night sights for P229RX conversion kit?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/7290064354

February 14, 2019, 08:09 PM
Atebit
Night sights for P229RX conversion kit?
Today I ordereda 9mm P229RX conversion kit from the Sig store. On their website I noticed that the description claimed the slide has only contrast sights, which the rep that took my order confirmed. I asked if they could add night sites there in NH before shipping it out, but he said Sig “doesn’t have” night sights for the P229RX.

I didn’t understand this as my current 9mm P229 has night sites. So why would the RX be different?
February 15, 2019, 01:57 AM
hrcjon
Height to be usable with the optic

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
February 15, 2019, 08:27 AM
Jimg1960
Atebit sig sells suppressor heights siglite night sights. Not sure why they told you they didn’t . I don’t have an rx to check if they co witness

February 22, 2019, 09:44 PM
nesep79
My P229, 9m, Legion RX X-Change Kit has suppressor height X-ray night sights. Optics Planet has the following listing under "Sig Sauer X-RAY3 Day/Night Sight Set SOX10009 Color: Black" with an estimated delivery date of 6 to 8 weeks. Call the Sig Legion rep. He may be able to put you on the list to buy when they become available from Sig. Sometimes can get a discount, too.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
May 06, 2019, 09:17 PM
markstempski
quote:
Originally posted by Atebit:
Today I ordereda 9mm P229RX conversion kit from the Sig store. On their website I noticed that the description claimed the slide has only contrast sights, which the rep that took my order confirmed. I asked if they could add night sites there in NH before shipping it out, but he said Sig “doesn’t have” night sights for the P229RX.

I didn’t understand this as my current 9mm P229 has night sites. So why would the RX be different?

i got the same conversion kit for a 226. Came with the suppressor height contrast sights NOT the night sights. I think that the legion version comes with Night sight suppressor height sights. One can order them separately. I got the conversion kit to see if I could actually adapt to the Romeo 1 or similar reflex sights. Jury is still out really engrained to look for the front sight and not the red dot though the aging eyes may decide it all anyway.