Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Old School P228 Trigger Bar Spring

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Old School P228 Trigger Bar Spring Login/Join 
Picture of hjs157
I recently acquired a beautiful KE coded P228. As is my practice, I detail stripped and cleaned the pistol while awaiting new springs from TGS. Since the old school trigger bar spring has been discontinued by SIG, I ordered the new style looped spring. During assembly however, I discovered the right grip panel would not fit properly. A quick SIGforum search confirmed my suspicions - the new looped spring will not work in older P229's and obviously the same holds true as well for older P228's. Does anyone know of a source for the old style springs? All of the usual sources show them discontinued. I'm not in dire need of a spring at this time, but looking down the road I could see this becoming problematic for me as well as other owners of these earlier pistols. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Posts: 2257 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I believe the looped spring will work with a little Dremel work on the inside of the grip panel.
Posts: 11039 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
or update the grips which will be formed to allow the new style springs.
Also if it has the old style metal based main spring housing assembly the new grips will also be formed to accept the newer style plastic bases which are much easier to change springs on.
If your worried about originality just keep all your old parts and grips and everything can be reversed.
You should be able to find newer factory grips or Hogue has many aluminum and G-10 options that accept all the new parts as well.
Posts: 16079 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Numrich has the old style TBS in stock at this time.

Posts: 14720 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post