SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Changing E2 grip to Standard?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Changing E2 grip to Standard? Login/Join 
posted
Is it possible, and what is needed to change a 220 E2 grip to the regular 220 grips?

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Nothing to it, just need grips and grip screws.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same for a cpo 229. Just purchased one and tried to put OEM grip panels but the grips don't match up near the mainspring area/bottom grip hole.

Posts: 86 | Location: Tx | Registered: July 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW the grip screws are often sold separately. I have E2 grips on several of mine, but the E2 grips were loose on another Sig so I replaced them with Hogue G10 grips. Very happy with them.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile, but isn't there a mainspring change for older SIGs that wanted E2 grips?

I will have to dig out one of my SIGs with an E2 and look in the box.

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any help would be appreciated. Date code on it makes it an 05'.

Posts: 86 | Location: Tx | Registered: July 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any help would be appreciated. Date code on it makes it an 05'.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I bet Ken Hogue would know. Contact him and see.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post