SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 Caliber Conversion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 Caliber Conversion Login/Join 
Picture of Gambit
posted
I've been trying to wrap my old mind around this.
It is my understanding that if I have a 'Made in USA' P226 in 357 SIG that all I need do to shoot 40S&W is to drop in in a 40S&W barrel (but not a barrel marketed as a 'conversion' 40S&W barrel?).
Can a P226 purchased as a 9mm be converted to a 357SIG and would it be possible that my pistol was originally purchased as a 9mm and converted to 357SIG?
What is the official word ?

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
A 9mm firearm cannot be be converted to 357 SIG without an entire slide replacement because the 9mm breech face is too small for the 357 case head. 40 and 357 have the same case head dimension, so they can interchange.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
So, there is no difference in a 40S&W barrel that is advertised as a conversion barrel compared to a P226, 40S&W barrel without the 'conversion' designation.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
So, there is no difference in a 40S&W barrel that is advertised as a conversion barrel compared to a P226, 40S&W barrel without the 'conversion' designation.

Correct. That confused me as well when I first saw the whole “conversion” thing.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post