SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever***
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG Factory Spring and Parts Replacement Schedule ***Now with P320 information including how to the remove slide w/o takedown lever*** Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Thanks Sigfreund for your post way back when and thanks to Para or the Moderator who put this up on a sticky.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that Sig has a different Recoil Spring replacement interval for the P238. Does anyone know what it is?

Posts: 21 | Registered: January 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not see a way to replace the P210's recoil spring. Good for 100K rounds/life of the barrel?

Posts: 1372 | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should dry fire really count as a shot in my shot count as far as maint is concerned?

Posts: 286 | Registered: May 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mitch1:
Should dry fire really count as a shot in my shot count as far as maint is concerned?

It should count for the trigger bar spring, main spring, and the firing pin spring, but probably not for the other springs.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10446 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if we have additional pistols on the list, but the Manual for Sig 238 says 1,500 for recoil spring

Posts: 469 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Presently Absent
posted Hide Post
bump

Posts: 328 | Registered: November 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zock01
posted Hide Post
Is there any age that P series recoil springs need to be replaced even if they have not shot 3000 rounds? Sig making me order in lots of 3. How long will the unsprung springs last?

P229 40 SW/357 Sig
P228 9 mm
P220 45 ACP/400 Corbon
NRA EPL Life Member 2023

Posts: 75 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zock01:
Is there any age that P series recoil springs need to be replaced even if they have not shot 3000 rounds? Sig making me order in lots of 3. How long will the unsprung springs last?

I’m not aware of anything that affects the life of recoil springs other than use—assuming, of course, that they’re not stored in a jar of sulfuric acid or something similar. Wink

I always purchase enough extra parts like springs to have plenty of spares on hand, if for no other reason than to deal with the unexpected. My stock of SIG parts goes back over a decade and I don’t worry about when I bought them.

A recommendation about posting questions here: Old stickied topics like this often don’t get looked at much by regular members. It’s usually better to post questions in their own threads.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zock01
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply and advice in both areas.

P229 40 SW/357 Sig
P228 9 mm
P220 45 ACP/400 Corbon
NRA EPL Life Member 2023

Posts: 75 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhobtr:
quote:
Lastly, does anyone know where I can find a copy of the Sig armorer's manual?

http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

I tried this link to download the full P226 armorer's manual, and it is asking me for a username and password. Does anyone have that info, or a copy of the Armorer's Manual in PDF they can send me? Thanks!

Posts: 183 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
The username and password is at the top of that site.
http://www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

Also you do not have an E-mail address in your profile so I can't email anything.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fjgiie:
The username and password is at the top of that site.
Ouch. How painfully un-observant of me!
quote:
Originally posted by fjgiie:
Also you do not have an E-mail address in your profile so I can't email anything.
Fixed.

Posts: 183 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mjohn
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Also, user name and password now in the center after scrolling down

Posts: 1465 | Location: Sandbox City VA | Registered: September 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone hear anything pertaining to replacement RSA's for the 224? I hate to say it but the one shipped with mine is bad. Won't cycle any rounds properly. Probably should have done my homework before buying this weapon.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 226 in .40 that I purchased the .22 LR conversion kit for.

The .22 has just under 16,000 rounds through it.

Should I follow the same schedule ?

(The .40 slide has 3,450 through it, so I am quickly approaching 20,000 rounds on the frame.

Thanks.

Posts: 157 | Location: Southeast Louisiana | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The original post was updated with 2013 information.

I do not regularly monitor new posts in this thread, and I therefore recommend that questions such as the one above be posted separately (sorry for not having noticed it before now).

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
P320 information in first post.

posted Hide Post
No scheduled replacement for the P320 sear springs?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichN:
No scheduled replacement for the P320 sear springs?

You are correct, the Sig P320 Armorer Manual does not state the replacement interval for the Sear Springs.

There are actually four springs in the Sear Housing Assembly:
Two Sear Springs
One Safety Lever Spring
One Takedown Safety Lever Spring

While my P320 Armorer Class included removal, disassembly, reassembly, and installation of the Sear Housing ~ The P320 Armorer Manual states that disassembly and reassembly of the Sear Housing is to be done by a Maintenance Depot not an Armorer.

The same thing is true of the Striker Assembly. The Armorer class trained me how to trouble shoot and replace all of the individual components of the Striker Assembly, but Sig wants Armorer's to replace the entire Striker Assembly instead of replacing individual parts.

During the class, I asked the instructor why the Striker Assembly had a 20,000 round count for replacement but the Sear Housing was not mentioned. He was going to ask if that was an oversight.

I will email my instructor and ask if Sig ever gave him guidance on this question.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post