SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Question about Taurus Safety Defects
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Taurus Safety Defects Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted
I have read a lot and watched videos of the Taurus 24/7 and similar Taurus pistols firing without the trigger being pulled by being dropped or jostled. I see where Taurus paid a sizeable amount in a class action suit without admitting fault. I also understand that some of the injuries were contributed to by operator negligence.

My question is, what was the actual mechanism that failed which allowed them to fire without the trigger being pulled?

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prince Herman
posted Hide Post
You might have to do a little research. I'd start here with the Court Opinion(July 22, 2016, Seitz, P). A cursory read tends to indicate that there seem to be different issues alleged with several different models: an alleged "false safety defect" and an alleged "drop-fire defect" further alleged to be related to a lack a "trigger blade safety." There were a number of experts used by both sides and finding those expert opinions would seem to be a good source for debate. Good Luck.

Posts: 512 | Location: S.E. Pa. | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. I have seen the video of the 24/7 that fired when simply shaken but I don't know why.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prince Herman
posted Hide Post
anything peculiar in the schematic diagram?

Posts: 512 | Location: S.E. Pa. | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post