SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    DAO Hammer ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DAO Hammer ? Login/Join 
posted
Hello,

What is a good way to semi bob a DAO Hammer for a P226 ? I am looking to leave enough material to leave exposed hammer to feel if the trigger is moving during holstering. The hammer I have is a carbon steel factory one. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Are you planning to do it yourself?

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Here are some SIG Classic line hammers, including the factory “bobbed” DAO hammer (second from right). The remaining bump is enough to see and feel in its normal rest position. You might try modifying the one with a spur to that configuration.

Not inexpensive, but about what other hammers cost, and much less work: Wink

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...e/mgwi/prod/HAMMER-3

Here is a listing for a P226 with bobbed DAO hammer showing how much it extends from the rear of the slide. The pictured hammer does not seem to have the exact shape as the one in my photo or the one that was in my NYPD DAO P226, but it is similar.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/91...26-Double-Action.htm

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello , yes I plan to perform the mod myself. Thanks for the info sigfreund.

Posts: 826 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
It should be doable with basic tools (hacksaw, files, emory cloth). If you have access to a bench-mounted 12- or 20-inch disc grinder, you can do final grinding and shaping after the initial cut(s) with a hacksaw.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I am only speculating, but I suspect the hammers are very hard. I you are successful in modifying one, please let us know how you did it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this doesn't work out for you, TJ's Custom Gunworks in CALIFORNIA (not the guy in Colorado) offers a bobbed hammer or a bobbed and notched hammer dependent on what you want.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post