SIGforum
Rear sights P938,238

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/6490095354

February 18, 2019, 10:39 AM
Stroonz
Rear sights P938,238
I have searched for videos all over the Internet on how to change the rear sight on the 938 or 238 and cant find any. There are a few videos on changing the front, but not the rear.

My question is I think there could be a spring loaded something or other beneath the sight, but I'm not sure. I have an MGW Sight Pro and the appropriate foot, and I have changed a number of sights but I don't want to run into trouble with something popping off And getting lost. I am also aware that both these models take different front and back sight sizes, and I believe they need to be taken off right to left and replaced left to right.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
February 18, 2019, 10:52 AM
GaryBF
The firing pin safety plunger spring resides beneath the rear sight. It makes no difference which direction you remove a sight, but you want to install from left to right because the sights have a chamfer on the leading edge.
February 18, 2019, 11:17 AM
Stroonz
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
The firing pin safety plunger spring resides beneath the rear sight. It makes no difference which direction you remove a sight, but you want to install from left to right because the sights have a chamfer on the leading edge.

Thank you Gary....that is what I suspected. I couldn't remember the name of the plunger but I suspected it was there. 'Preciate the quick response...this forum is the best!