SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Rear sights P938,238
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rear sights P938,238 Login/Join 
posted
I have searched for videos all over the Internet on how to change the rear sight on the 938 or 238 and cant find any. There are a few videos on changing the front, but not the rear.

My question is I think there could be a spring loaded something or other beneath the sight, but I'm not sure. I have an MGW Sight Pro and the appropriate foot, and I have changed a number of sights but I don't want to run into trouble with something popping off And getting lost. I am also aware that both these models take different front and back sight sizes, and I believe they need to be taken off right to left and replaced left to right.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The firing pin safety plunger spring resides beneath the rear sight. It makes no difference which direction you remove a sight, but you want to install from left to right because the sights have a chamfer on the leading edge.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
The firing pin safety plunger spring resides beneath the rear sight. It makes no difference which direction you remove a sight, but you want to install from left to right because the sights have a chamfer on the leading edge.

Thank you Gary....that is what I suspected. I couldn't remember the name of the plunger but I suspected it was there. 'Preciate the quick response...this forum is the best!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post