SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG rail X300U-B fit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG rail X300U-B fit Login/Join 
posted
How do I get my surefire to fit to a P220R?

Why doesn’t SIG realize that their rail is horrible garbage?

Posts: 361 | Location: Keystone State | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Which rail insert did you use with the light?

Using the universal insert my X300s can be switched at will among several SIGs, both with the proprietary rail and the “true” Picatinny version. I find the SIG rail to be a little more forgiving.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
You need to remove the spacer to get the proper depth fit. I've also found that the X300 rails are always super snug, so I usually sand them down slightly

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
I've also found that the X300 rails are always super snug, so I usually sand them down slightly

There is that, too. I always end up loosening the screws that hold the light clamps in place. I will have to start trying the sanding trick because that would probably be a better fix.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
I've also found that the X300 rails are always super snug, so I usually sand them down slightly

There is that, too. I always end up loosening the screws that hold the light clamps in place. I will have to start trying the sanding trick because that would probably be a better fix.

That's what I used to do as well, I started sanding them because I wanted to be able to get the light on and off the rail by hand vs by tool.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im having the same issue on my new MK25. I got a X300 and one is too loose and i can't get the other on on at all. This is my first X300. Ive had a bunch of TLR1's and Im trying to see if the X300 is good/better than the Streamlights.

Posts: 492 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: June 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post