SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Dumb Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb Question Login/Join 
posted
What pound recoil spring do I need for full size P-220 in 45 ACP?

Art

Posts: 208 | Location: Littleton, Co. USA | Registered: August 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.topgunsupply.com/si...50-fs-.40-green.html

See RS notes:
https://www.gunsprings.com/SIG...P-220/cID1/mID4/dID6

It is my understanding that Sig itself does not publish weights of recoil springs. Wolff provides estimates of factory.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I always recommend using factory recoil springs unless there’s a specific reason to go with something else. Bruce Gray has stated that the multistrand factory springs are better for the job.

The 45 ACP P220 uses the springs identified with the green paint.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lingham
posted Hide Post
The only 'DUMB' question is the one not asked.

GOD, Family, Country

Posts: 35 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lingham:
The only 'DUMB' question is the one not asked.

You have evidently never listened to a press conference. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post