SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Bubba-ed Glock 21 barrel
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bubba-ed Glock 21 barrel Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I need some help assessing the damage done by some gun plumber with a dremel.

Now, we all know how Glocks won't work right without extensive throating and feed ramp modification, right? Right? Oh, I guess we don't know that. Because Glocks just run, if you don't try to "improve" them.

Can someone post some pics of a virgin, un-defiled Glock 21 feed ramp and chamber throat? He seemed to give special attention to the 10 and 2 o'clock areas and I need to decide if I will shoot it and see or just toss it.

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I don't have my G21 here, but- does this help?

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I appreciate it.
I'm hoping for a picture looking up from the bottom of the ramp so I can see the angles at 10 and 2. I only have 9 and 40 barrels to compare it to.

Bruce

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RNshooter,

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
RNShooter, here are photos of the chamber of my G21 from different angles. I hope they show what you are looking for.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/7Cmg7JK

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much! Exactly what I needed.
It looks like they took just a little metal off from 5 o'clock to 7 o'clock. Maybe a touch at 4 and 8 but not much. Maybe flattened the angle of the feedramp, at the top, just a touch.
I would not have done it but it looks safe to shoot (for a Glock).

Thanks for the help!

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
You are welcome, enjoy your Glock.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1321 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post