SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Cerakote Aluminum Rifle bolt knob.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakote Aluminum Rifle bolt knob. Login/Join 
posted
Evening,
I have. A quick question. I was going to add a bolt knob onto a rifle a buddy is building for me. Although the rifle is stainless with a fluted barrel, I am going to have it Cerakoted black. Do I need to put a stainless knob or will an aluminum do? Will it make a difference on how the Cerakote job will hold up?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 405 | Location: St.Louis, MO | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It won't matter as cerakote is tough stuff if applied correctly. I have several guns that have been done and a lot of suppressors have alum tubes and are cerakoted.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
The prep is the same on both with sandblasting with 70-100 grit so either will come out the same.

Posts: 22894 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post