SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Ways to improve heavy P320 trigger pull?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ways to improve heavy P320 trigger pull? Login/Join 
posted
So I recently bought a factory upgraded Sig P320 and measured its trigger pull at around 10lbs. I figured maybe it needed dry firing and rounds through it, so 1000 rounds later and tons of dry firing and the pull weight hasn't really changed.

I thought about getting a trigger from Gray's Guns which is supposed to drop the weight by a couple of pounds, but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions? Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fuego220,

Posts: 727 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
That does seem a bit high for a pull weight from the factory, but it all depends on the gauge and how you test it.

I've got skin in the game so-to-speak, but I think you'll be pleased with the Grayguns PELT2 trigger.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We tested it against two other P320s which both had a range beween 5-7lbs. What's interesting is that the trigger pull weight was actually reduced by about 1-1.5lbs simply by putting a different slide on the gun. Makes me wonder if part of the problem is that the mating surfaces between the striker and sear are too strong.

Posts: 727 | Location: Midwest | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That seems really heavy, my 320c measures 4.5 pounds.

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me too on its way too heavy. My updated guns are too light actually for my taste in carry guns. Half that.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it's truly that heavy, call sig CS and they might lighten it for free. It's worth a shot.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talked to a very experienced gun smith, and he recommended putting a spot of Flitz on the mating surfaces of the sear and striker and then dry firing it about 100x. I cleaned the polish off and relubed it and the pull was reduced by about 1lb. I went ahead and ordered the PELT2 trigger and we’ll see what that does.

posted Hide Post
If your gauge and technique is accurate, it's definitely out of factory spec. Call Sig CS, get a shipping label and send it back for service.

My 2015 P320C 9mm was a measured 7lbs. That's with a quality gauge with the hook/arm parallel with the slide. It went to 6lb-8oz after the gun was broken in and dry-fired. Dropped to 4lb-14 oz with the GGI PELT trigger and standard spring.

Mine has never been "upgraded".

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought about sending the P320 back to Sig, and even contacted their CS with no response. I figured I would wait and see what the GG PELT2 trigger did for the gun first.

After installing the trigger, I get a very consistent 5.5lb-5.75lb pull which is in that "just right" range for me. I'm very happy with the results.