SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Front Sight ? P22X vs X5

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front Sight ? P22X vs X5 Login/Join 
posted
Can anyone tell me if the front sight on any P22X model is the same as an P226 X model ?

ttfn

NRA - Life | USPSA - Life | Front Sight
1911 | CZ-75 | XDm | BHP | AR15

Posts: 10 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tdneuf:
Can anyone tell me if the front sight on any P22X model is the same as an P226 X model ?

Completely different.

Posts: 12109 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The P226 X5 Tactical uses the same front sights as all other P Series Sigs.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 3061 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info
much appreciated

ttfn

NRA - Life | USPSA - Life | Front Sight
1911 | CZ-75 | XDm | BHP | AR15

Posts: 10 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 04, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
The dovetail on my X5 Allround is the same as any P-series, but it was all black. I replaced it with a Dawson FO sight. Incidentally, Springfield XD sights can also work, but may require a little more fitting.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4810 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Allround front sight:

"Regular" P226 front sight:

Posts: 12109 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Yes, you are correct that one is swept back, all black and serrated, while the other is swept forward and smooth with a white dot. I was assuming that the OP wanted to know if they could substitute any P-series front sight on an X-5. That's why I said the dovetail was the same.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Overheard at an actual match:
"Tapers! Come on, guys, we need tapers!"
"No, my name's Gonzales."

Posts: 4810 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post