SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 Take Down Lever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 Take Down Lever Login/Join 
posted
The Take down lever on my P220 is broken/disconnected from the pin. The slide is on the frame and I cannot open the take down pin to remove the slide. Can the take down pin be punched out with the slide on so I can replace the TDL?

Posts: 3 | Registered: April 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You're going to have to rotate that lever. Punching it out will ruin the frame.

I had a similar issue years ago and got the thing rotated without the lever...can't remember how though.

The part could be drilled and a self-tapping screw used to turn it to the down position.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I suggest sucking it up and sending the gun to SIG. Let the professionals deal with it.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks - exactly the answers I was looking for. I may try to make a "D" shaped tool to turn the pin from the right side. If it doesn't work it's off to Sig.

I was afraid it would damage the frame and couldn't tell from schematics.

Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fishoz:
Thanks - exactly the answers I was looking for. I may try to make a "D" shaped tool to turn the pin from the right side.

I seem to recall someone else trying that and it worked.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent my P226 to Sig.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
How about sending and asking for the sig service package and new x-ray sights as they remove the slide? Might get repair for free.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am contacting Sig. I think the service package is $195., well worth it. Gun 10 yrs old and could use the x-ray sights....nite sights getting a bit dim.