SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Warped factory p220 grips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warped factory p220 grips Login/Join 
Picture of Bearlaker
posted
Good morning,
I received a set of FDE grips which have done so. I would rather just straighten them than go thru the hassle of returning the package.
Heat them on a flat surface in the oven on low?

" GET BACK LORRETAA!! "

Posts: 79 | Location: Utah | Registered: February 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like oven might be a bit harsh. Never done so, but seems like attaching to pistol and using a hair dryer (or heat gun) or maybe place in boiling water, then onto pistol and screw down???

Posts: 263 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you post pics of the grips on the pistol to show the area that is out of tolerance. I've got some that I took off my combat that you can have if you don't get this resolved.

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearlaker
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Yes I'll take some pics.

" GET BACK LORRETAA!! "

Posts: 79 | Location: Utah | Registered: February 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearlaker
posted Hide Post
Thank you Blue Dog. I got these so as not to mess up my original factory or the rosewood set. I also have some finger groove Hogues, so, only if you don't want them around any more.
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
Can you post pics of the grips on the pistol to show the area that is out of tolerance. I've got some that I took off my combat that you can have if you don't get this resolved.

" GET BACK LORRETAA!! "

posted Hide Post
I tried sending you an email and got kicked back. My email is in profile. Thanks

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post