SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 grips, how many sizes ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 grips, how many sizes ? Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a P220 SA/DA police trade in from our friend "Garand man", and it has a smaller set of factory grips than my older P220. Can I still get the "old style" lager grips, and do they interchange OK ?
I can't try my old style grip on my newer gun because it is SA only.

Posts: 199 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you mean the newer gun has the 1-piece E2 grip, you need to check whether the frame has the threaded holes for grip screws underneath the grip. Be careful, as many a trigger bar spring has been damaged by the removal or installation of E2 grips. If the threads are there, you should be able to get a set of 2-piece plastic grips and screws for it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are the factory "slim" grips, they are two piece, but are not as large as my other grips.
Will the old style SA/DA grips fit on the newer gun ?

Posts: 199 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Yes

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6207 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
They have the same dimensions on a '95 P220 in .38 Super as well as the new for 2015 10mm.

Not sure when yours were made, but they should fit fine.

Posts: 9135 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The older, original style grip plates will fit, but good luck finding them. If you locate a source, please let us know here.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47393 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If you can't locate the grips you are looking for, Hogue offers rubber and wood grips for the 220. Perhaps one of those would work.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post