SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P224 Spare parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P224 Spare parts Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted
Friend just bought a used P224, great price. Are there any parts unique to the P224 that he should buy, that might become unicorns anytime soon ?

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Unless he is going to do an awful lot of shooting, the only spare part he will probably need is an extra recoil spring or two.

A few extra mags probably wouldn't be a bad idea.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Don't they share most of the same parts as the 226/229?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
Some parts, yes, but not all parts, ie. trigger transfer bar, recoil spring and guide rod.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Can you use a P229 SRT kit to add SRT to a P224 without it ???

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
One parts site lists an SRT safety lever as being common to the 226, 229 and 224. I would suspect the sear is as well, but to be sure contact SIG.

Sic Semper Tyrannis