SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SP2022 Grip Situation.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SP2022 Grip Situation. Login/Join 
posted
I saw on another post that a dude put a black grip on a FDE 2022. It looked cool so I wanted to be cool too and did the same. But.... The black grip shifts just slightly and clicks when I grip the pistol.
Did I put the grip on wrong?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Possibly. The other possibility is that the grip was made not quite to specifications. My E2 grips for my Sig 229 never fit properly. I sent them back to Sig and the replacement E2 grips had the same problem. I ordered G10 grips which were affixed with screws and things have been fine. What kind of grips do you have?

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I ran into this with my Sigpro as well.
Mine came with 2 grips. IIRC small and medium.
The medium one made a slight clicking noise.
I ordered a replacement from TGS and no more clicking.
I believe this is the one I ordered.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...ps-black-medium.html

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! The one I put on is the medium size. I am guessing the grip fit is not quite right. The shift / click stops when I grip the pistol so its more an annoyance issue than a performance issue.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post