SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Help with 239 parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with 239 parts Login/Join 
posted
Help! I have a 239 that needs a hammer return spring. Its the tiny spring that keeps the hammer off the firing pin. Brownells sent me the spring for the 226/8/9. Not the same. SIG Portland has not been able to help. Schematics I have seen are vague about where this spring goes; it doesn’t have the little black plastic block that pins in the hammer slot under the hammer. Any advice is appreciated!

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: January 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It appears that Top Gun Supply has them:

https://www.topgunsupply.com/g...%5Bcat%5D=160&page=1

Order now and you'll receive it yesterday. Wink

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As I recall, the hammer rebound spring for the P239 fits in a recess on the side of the hammer.

P239hammer_reset copy by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Amazon is a good source for them too.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Regarding where the spring goes, other schematics and illustrations might help, but at this point I’m not sure if the OP is still interested.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
He was new when he posted - he may not be addicted to the forum yet :-)

Us addicted folks check in every day....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in responding, been conducting training out if the area. You guys are lifesavers! Thanks for sharing your expertise!

Posts: 3 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: January 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post