SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    320 Firing Module Locked to Slide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

320 Firing Module Locked to Slide Login/Join 
posted
After I got my 320 back from after the voluntary upgrade, I tried to install a standard grip module, which was the original configuration, from the compact grip I had installed prior to returning to the factory for the upgrade. Had a hard time getting the gun apart (i.e., removing the slide) to begin with. Somehow I ended up with the firing module being locked into the slide and being unable to remove it. CS Rep said I must have tried to put the slide back on without the takedown lever being in place. Don't recall doing that but may have. Is there a way to get the slide off the firing module without sending back to the factory?

Posts: 18 | Registered: December 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I am having a hard time visualizing your situation. Can you post a photo so we can see what you have? If it went on, there has to be a way to get it off.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't have photo capability. Simply imagine the module locked into place in the slide prior to firing, but the slide and firing mechanism are not locked into the grip module.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Please clarify for us, is the takedown lever in the module, or not? Is there a barrel and recoil spring in the slide?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Takedown lever is NOT in the pistol, and the barrel and spring are in the slide.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Other than just being jammed, I can't picture what is holding the firing module in place. Don't you have a smart phone with which you can take a photo? I can post them for you, if that's the problem. My email address is in my profile.

posted Hide Post
After fiddling with the slide and finally getting it back into the grip module to send back to the factory (I had already purchased the shipping round trip), I can't get it back out again. The trigger came off as did the bar and wire spring on the right side of the firing module. I'll just send it back on Monday. I contacted you to see if there was an easy fix rather than having to wait for a factory fix. Sorry for the trouble. I will still try to send a photo to your email once my phone gets back having left with a family member.

posted Hide Post
Did you put the slide on the gun without the take down lever in the gun? If so, I think the recoil rod slips down and binds up on something.

You should be able to stick a screwdriver in through the take down lever hole and free up whatever is catching. It's not easy, and I'm not sure there is a scientific approach, but if you play with is long enough you should be able to get it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's exactly what the CS Rep asked me Rich, and, yes, I must have, although I don't remember leaving the takedown lever out intentionally. I tried everything I could think of to get the slide out, and in the process the trigger and other parts fell out. It goes back to the factory tomorrow. Thanks for your response.

posted Hide Post
Received my 320 back from the factory yesterday good as new. I had asked them to reinstall the large grip module (medium in size) which they did in addition to freeing the firing module from the slide and reinstalling the trigger, trigger bar, and trigger bar spring which fell out while I was trying to free the module from the slide. They apparently just reassembled the pistol and checked it out. I very much appreciated this service and especially that they charged me only for shipping to and from. It feels much better, points better, and is generally more satisfactory to me with the larger grip module. This platform may grow on me as I become more accustomed to it.