SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig p220 srt install
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig p220 srt install Login/Join 
posted
I have a couple p series sigs and have done some minor changes (springs, trigger and srt kit) in a few of them with no problems. I recently got a new p220 combat and put a hundred or so rounds through it with no problems before attempting to install the short reset sear kit I ordered. After the install every couple mags when shooting in single action the trigger would go dead. You could decock it and fire in double action. I didn't pull the grips while the problem was happening but after clearing the gun I pulled it apart and noticed that while the stock sear makes full contact with the trigger bar to trip it the srt sear only has about 50% contact and I am guessing that is ocationaly letting it slide along the side without firing. Is this a problem anyone has had? Could I have ended up with the wrong srt kit? I dint compare dimensions to any other ones yet.
Thanks for any help

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue... although my P220 is a 1986 model that I purchased NIB... I also found the MIM sear increased my pull weight in SA...

If it ain't broke don't fix it I guess applies here... I removed the SRT kit and put the old parts back in... now she just fine.

Now Iv'e got a used SRT kit for sale... Buy high and sell low I guess. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Web Man:...Now Iv'e got a used SRT kit for sale... Buy high and sell low I guess. Roll Eyes

Does your SRT work with P229? If so, how much are you asking for it? I don't see a FS thread in classifieds.

P229 AE 41XXX

Posts: 294 | Location: NJ | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sigman940
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sohum63:
I have a couple p series sigs and have done some minor changes (springs, trigger and srt kit) in a few of them with no problems. I recently got a new p220 combat and put a hundred or so rounds through it with no problems before attempting to install the short reset sear kit I ordered. After the install every couple mags when shooting in single action the trigger would go dead. You could decock it and fire in double action. I didn't pull the grips while the problem was happening but after clearing the gun I pulled it apart and noticed that while the stock sear makes full contact with the trigger bar to trip it the srt sear only has about 50% contact and I am guessing that is ocationaly letting it slide along the side without firing. Is this a problem anyone has had? Could I have ended up with the wrong srt kit? I dint compare dimensions to any other ones yet.
Thanks for any help

This was an issue with the older (shorter) safety lever on some P-Series pistols but it was mostly alleviated with the revised (longer) safety lever that comes with the current SRT kits. As for the wrong SRT kit. If it came with the de-cocker then it is the correct one. As a matter a fact, I since the P220 combat is a new version P220 it should already have the correct de-cocker as well and other than that all SRT sears & safety levers are interchangeable. Having said all of this, personally, I will only run my SRT in my range gun and keep my SD pistol factory stock as it should go bang every time I pull the trigger.

~ ante omnia armari

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the decocker looked the same and everything I found said if mine was a newer gun nothing was changed so I didn't bother changing the decocker. As far as if it isn't broke, that is about where I am at now. I put the factory parts in and will run it like that for now. I am real happy with the trigger on my 226 with the grey guns trigger with overtravel stop, srt kit and some lighter springs it is pretty nice but the p220 isn't that bad as is and it is smoothing out as it goes. If nothing else I have been wanting a p229 and now I have an extra srt kit that will work for it so all the more reason to start looking at those again. Thanks for the input.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 19, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
Check the picture bumper posted in this thread:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1550072134

If the SRT lever you got looks like the one in the middle, you might call Sig and ask if they can swap it for you, as others reported that problem with the first issue of the SRT safety lever.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post