SIGforum
SIG 226 SAO Trigger Bar Spring

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/5430032024

February 28, 2017, 04:53 PM
cyberphobia
SIG 226 SAO Trigger Bar Spring
Are the Trigger Bar Springs on the SIG 226 SAO and 226 SA/DA different lengths?

I just received a replacement Spring for my 226SAO from TOP GUN SUPPLY and it is much longer than the factory spring fitted.

Is it interchangeable? or is the longer spring for a 226 DA/SA? maybe the SA/DA Trigger bar is shorter on the SAO due to the safety, cannot get any info.

I will try to post a photo of them side by side Mine is the shorter bottom spring.

Emailed TGS but no reply yet.

Have not called SIG yet will do that tomorrow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cyberphobia,

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

March 01, 2017, 12:31 PM
cyberphobia
SIG is the only place to get Specific SAO parts.

I talked to them again and the trigger bar is shorter so the trigger bar spring is shorter... and on back order.

If anyone is going to buy springs maybe one should order more than need, save on the flipping postage every time.
Roll Eyes

"Advertising is the art of convincing people to spend money they don't have for something they don't need"

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

March 09, 2017, 07:40 PM
deadmanmike
I'm pretty sure it uses the same one as the X5.. which you'd likely need to get it from SIG. I actually should order some myself.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer
March 09, 2017, 08:40 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by cyberphobia:
If anyone is going to buy springs maybe one should order more than need

I would apply that advice to any consumable product from any supplier: Things break, things get lost, supplies dry up either temporarily or permanently.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 10, 2017, 08:42 AM
cyberphobia
Quite!

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG

March 11, 2017, 06:26 PM
cyberphobia
Can a fellow SIGER who has a 226SAO...!please take off the right hand grip,take and post a photo of the trigger bar and trigger bar spring.The manual safety can be left in place but in the safety 'UP' mode.
Thanks in advance.

Smile

Will Rogers

SIG 229R LEGION SAO
SIG 226R Elite SAO
COONAN COMPACT .357 MAG