SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P226 Magazine Spring Replacement Source?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P226 Magazine Spring Replacement Source? Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for replacement magazine springs for my Sig P226 in 40 caliber with the standard 12 round capacity. The magazines are Mec-Gar made in Italy. I see that Wolff Springs offers some in standard, +5% and +10% weights. Are there any other options besides Wolff? Any opinions on getting the extra spring strengths? If so, what extra strength?
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 645 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I have never had an issue with any Wolff springs. I do get their +5% when offered and have not had any feeding issues or slide stop problems. They are my main source for mag springs & recoil springs.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. FFL(01) NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 8320 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11459 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the 10 pack of Wolff, +5% strength. Also found out that I have the Double Profile Springs in my magazines.....40/357 Sig, 12 rounds. They are also used in Sig P226 9mm, 15 round magazines. They should be here in a few days hopefully.....

Posts: 645 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post