SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    3rd gen S&W 6906 Hammer spring question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3rd gen S&W 6906 Hammer spring question Login/Join 
posted
I replaced the factory (20#) hammer spring with a wolff 17# hammer spring on an old 6906. The thing was a complete pain to get seated. The wolff is a good 1/4 inch longer. I can pull the trigger about half way back, but cant get the hammer to go beyond about half way back. I can't get the slide to go backward either. I figure I would leave the spring in a few days, and slowly try working the trigger. Anyone else encounter a similar problem before?

Posts: 378 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7451 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I admit up front this is likely user error. Watched the video a few times. It will seat with the the help of a screw driver, but still no luck with slide/hammer movement. I did the same spring change on a 4006 and it wasn't near as difficult.

Update: it's not the right spring.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: creedbratton2,

posted Hide Post
So the new spring arrived today. It is the propper one for a 6906. Made a significant difference in the DA pull. wish I would have made the spring change years ago.