SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    DA/SA to SAO
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA to SAO Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a P226 enhanced elite with the SRT and was wondering if it's possible to convert this to SAO. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 8 | Registered: September 16, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The first issue is whether the frame is configured to accept the SAO parts. If you post a photo of the left side with the grip plate removed, that question could be answered.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The first issue is whether the frame is configured to accept the SAO parts. If you post a photo of the left side with the grip plate removed, that question could be answered.

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Smile

I’ll do that tonight. Thanks.

posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I don’t have permission to post pics.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I was not aware that anyone had to have permission to post photos here. Normally all that’s necessary is to post the photo on a hosting site (I use Snapfish) then copy the link for the photo there to the “image” section in the “Post a Reply” block here.

In any event, though, this is a photo of a pistol that has, to the best of my knowledge and belief, the proper holes to accept single action only parts. The most obvious is the large irregular-shaped hole below the hammer pivot pin, or immediately to the right of the hole with the red/orange paper backer.

Hopefully someone who has experience with SAO guns can confirm.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/URL[/IMG]

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

I don't know now. The large hole is not the same as what I expect for the SAO, but as I say, I'm not perfectly clear. Hopefully someone who is more knowledgeable will chime in.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
Well obviously this image thing isn't working but, yes, that's what mine looks like. There's a pin in that hole. Now my other delima is this..... Mine has the E2 grips and after watching videos on removing and re-installing them, something went wrong. When I dry fire the gun the trigger doesn't return to the full forward position. I have to push the trigger forward with my finger. It fires single action fine just not for a second DA pull. Did I somehow bend the trigger bar spring? I'm beginning to dislike this thing and I haven't even gone to the range yet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Yep, that's it.

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The E2 grip can be tricky. You may have damaged the trigger bar spring or at least gotten it out of position. It’s recommended that something like an old credit card be placed between the spring and grip as the grip is removed, and especially as it’s replaced to keep the grip from hanging up on the spring.

6.4/93.6

— Plato