SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    40 cal barrel for model 229?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 cal barrel for model 229? Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a 229 in 357 sig caliber. Can I purchase a barrel to convert it to 40 cal? Would it drop in or require fitting? Where might I purchase this barrel? Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Posts: 136 | Location: Gulf Coast FL | Registered: November 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can drop in a factory 40 barrel with 99.9% chance of it fitting. See Top Gun Supply.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easiest "conversion" there is. As you may know, the same mags are used for .40 as .357.

TGS is one of our top on-line vendors for Sig and other makes. Owner is also a Sig Forum member.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...-barrel-.40-s-w.html

Currently out of stock. If you want to order from them, use their e-mail notification feature. They'll e-mail you when the item is back in stock.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Easiest "conversion" there is. As you may know, the same mags are used for .40 as .357.

TGS is one of our top on-line vendors for Sig and other makes. Owner is also a Sig Forum member.

https://www.topgunsupply.com/s...-barrel-.40-s-w.html

Currently out of stock. If you want to order from them, use their e-mail notification feature. They'll e-mail you when the item is back in stock.

Welcome to the forum.

i think that they are available from sig itself. you will pay more than at TGS. Barsto makes a 9mm conversion, also worth obtaining.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post