SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig old style bar rear sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig old style bar rear sights Login/Join 
posted
Replacing my old dead night sights with standard Sig contrast #8 front, looking for a source to purchase old style bar sight for the rear. Don't care for the 3 dot setup, with this being said would I still search for a #8 bar type on the rear of my P229 in 9mm.

Posts: 263 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flhr95:
Replacing my old dead night sights with standard Sig contrast #8 front, looking for a source to purchase old style bar sight for the rear. Don't care for the 3 dot setup, with this being said would I still search for a #8 bar type on the rear of my P229 in 9mm.

#8 rear sight would be correct for 9mm.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
quote:

#8 rear sight would be correct for 9mm.

Thanks Gary, I have been searching the net but can't locate the bar style in a #8.

Posts: 263 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
These guys are on my no-go list for reasons I won't go into, but they have von stavenhagen #8 rear in stock.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/467270B

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
I was seeking and found some Von Stavenhagen sights earlier this year on SF. Got a great deal on them too. You'd have better luck posting an ISO post in the Pistol section or WTB ad in the Classifieds.

You can also usually find them on ebay for ~$10 front or rear. E.g.,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-S...9-2022/162115328295?

I realize that's a #7, but it still gives you an idea.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I might have a #8 in my parts bin, I'll check tonight. If I do, it's yours.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
I might have a #8 in my parts bin, I'll check tonight. If I do, it's yours.

Thanks for looking Chris.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, no luck. Guess they have trickled away over the years.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
Sorry, no luck. Guess they have trickled away over the years.

Thanks again for looking, I will order a set from gunpartscorp.

Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
#6 front and #8 rear Von Stavenhagens on ebay for $17 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIG-S...istols-/332642402813

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the P229 in 9mm was #8 & #8.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought the P229 in 9mm was #8 & #8.

You would be correct.. Your post said you were looking for a #8 rear. Just install the #8 rear for your current needs. iron chef was just providing you with a cheap alternative online source for what your looking for.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it, thanks to all.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got it, thanks to all.
Hate I didn't look earlier... If you haven't yet ordered or it's not too late to cancel, I found a #8 rear in my parts bin I can send you, email in my profile.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
Got it, thanks to all.
Hate I didn't look earlier... If you haven't yet ordered or it's not too late to cancel, I found a #8 rear in my parts bin I can send you, email in my profile.

Thank you to everyone that replied, I have ordered from the suggested web site.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post