SIGforum
P320 problem

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/5030038734

February 16, 2018, 09:59 AM
ZuraX
P320 problem
I got my P320 back from the upgrade and when I try to insert a magazine it will not go in all the way. I have broken the gun down over and over again.

I would rather pay and have it in hours/days instead of up to 6 weeks so I plan to take it to a gun smith tomorrow to get it looked at. If he can not get it working, I guess I will be calling Sig.

Has anyone else had this problem?
February 16, 2018, 02:09 PM
HayesGreener
When you reassemble the gun you have to lock the slide to the rear with the slide lock in the up position. If the slide lock lever is not in the up position there is an internal safety device that prevents pulling the trigger and prevents inserting a magazine. When you have it disassembled you can look down into the frame just in front of the mag well and you will see a tab that protrudes into the mag well. Raise the slide lock lever and rotate your take down lever and you will see that tab move out of the way

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)
February 16, 2018, 02:44 PM
Modern Day Savage
I don't own a P320 and while I've shot one I've never field stripped one so I can't comment from direct experience...but, were it me, I'd be reluctant to spend money on a gun freshly returned from the manufacturer for a safety upgrade, especially if I hadn't even gone through basic troubleshooting procedures.

ZuraX, you didn't provide pertinent details such as whether you experienced difficulty in inserting magazines prior to the upgrade, whether this problem occurs with one mag or if other mags were tried, and whether this problem occurs with both loaded and unloaded mags. [Dr.Evil Voice]"Need the information people"[/Dr.Evil Voice] Wink

It sounds like HayesGreener has some good input on the issue. Additionally, you might want to read through this thread, as at least one of the comments could possibly relate to your gun's issue.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1220027734

ZuraX welcome to the forum.
February 16, 2018, 04:03 PM
copaup
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
When you reassemble the gun you have to lock the slide to the rear with the slide lock in the up position. If the slide lock lever is not in the up position there is an internal safety device that prevents pulling the trigger and prevents inserting a magazine. When you have it disassembled you can look down into the frame just in front of the mag well and you will see a tab that protrudes into the mag well. Raise the slide lock lever and rotate your take down lever and you will see that tab move out of the way

This. You can also accidentally activate the safety device while putting the FCU back into the frame. Pressing up on the slide stop will disengage it.
February 16, 2018, 09:45 PM
ZuraX
Thanks all.

It is with all magazines and worked fine before I sent it in for the upgrade.
I seen that small part sticking out and looked it up and tried everything 20+ times, even what is posted here in reply to me. That little part moves back but not far enough. Could they have put the FCU back together wrong?
March 02, 2018, 02:52 AM
h50twinbo
What cal. is it?
If it is a 45 they may have put the wrong takedown safety lever in. The 45 takes a different one. If it is wrong the mag wont go in.
Good luck
March 02, 2018, 12:11 PM
ZuraX
It is a 45ACP. I took it to the place I bought it and two employees and their gun smith looked at it. The GS said the takedown safety lever was too big. It would not move far enough over. It was hitting both pins in the FCU. I called Sig and sent it in.
March 22, 2018, 11:11 AM
ZuraX
An update. I got my P320 back. The safety lever was the wrong one and they also upgraded the recoil spring assembly.
March 22, 2018, 12:15 PM
sigfreund
Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 23, 2018, 02:02 PM
h50twinbo
Glad it all worked out for you.
May 09, 2018, 08:01 AM
sig78257
Did Sig CS tell you six weeks turn around time? I sent four guns to Sig for warranty service this year, most were back at my house in 10 to 12 days longest was 14 (and that was the 320 update).
May 09, 2018, 10:50 PM
ZuraX
Yep. But got it back much faster. I am guessing is a CYA thing.
May 26, 2018, 05:32 PM
slosig
quote:
Originally posted by ZuraX:
Yep. But got it back much faster. I am guessing is a CYA thing.

Smile Good for them! They have learned the old “Under commit and over deliver.” approach. It took me a while to figure out (what can I say, I am a slow learner) that while if you tell the wife you are going to be home from work at 5:30 and you get home at 6:00 you are in the doghouse, if you tell her 6:30 and get home at the same 6:00, you are a good guy. It is all about setting expectations and meeting or beating them.