SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    SIG #9 or #10 sights ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG #9 or #10 sights ? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I have a late 90s 9MM P226 with milled steel slide and contrast sights. I really like it but I tend to shoot low with it, around 1-1.5 inches at 7 yards with very tight groups. I know it most likely is me. It has 8/8 sights on it. SIG used to make #9 and #10 front and rear sights but I can't seem to find them anywhere auction sites. Anyone know of a place that might still have some? Would SIG have any perhaps? I would like to try a #9 or #10 rear sight if possible. Any other option such as a quality adjustable rear sight/sight that does not hang off the rear of the slide much? I do have the MGW SIG sight adjustment tool.

Anyone have experience with this sight set - LPA Part Number SPR28SS7F assuming I can even find a set?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sig-S...8:g:78sAAOSwHJhXM0OT

Thanks for any help or tips!

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
MGW has a #9 front night sight listed.

Dawson Precision will have a variety of front sight heights, as well as different designs. The sights I obtained from them needed to be fitted to my pistols.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
grumpy1
I have a #10 rear you can have, although I doubt it will be much help at 7 yards. My email is in my profile.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
grumpy1
I have a #10 rear you can have, although I doubt it will be much help at 7 yards. My email is in my profile.

Thanks GaryBF! You are awesome Smile . Email inbound.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
MGW has a #9 front night sight listed.

Dawson Precision will have a variety of front sight heights, as well as different designs. The sights I obtained from them needed to be fitted to my pistols.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated and very helpful!

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary! I received the rear #10 sight, installed it, and went to the range today. It was exactly what I needed. Now I am on target with almost every shot. Thanks again.

25 rounds at 7 yards.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post