SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    GGI PSAIT trigger adjustment question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GGI PSAIT trigger adjustment question Login/Join 
Picture of carman
posted
Hello,
I have a P227, I wanted to replace the thin trigger with mid-sized trigger, saw that GGI had the adjustable PSAIT triggers on sale so I got one. I had a local guy replace it and it seems to work fine except... on single action the trigger has rearward creep before tripping the sear. The stock trigger didn't as it was crisp. I am not sure if this is just something that needs to be adjusted out (if so not sure how) or it is normal for the product.

Any thoughts?

Thank,

Tony

Posts: 584 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! Please call Grayguns Inc. Customer Service for assistance on your PSAIT adjustment issue. While our trigger does not affect sear engagement at all, reduced or misadjusted over travel can induce sear release issues which would not be noticeable with the stock over travel of your original trigger. We can’t adequately diagnose this here. Do not load or fire this pistol until this issue has been resolved and inspected for safety by a qualified gunsmith. Thanks!

-Bruce

Grayguns.com

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Hello and thanks.
I shouldn't have said "tripping the sear" as if I knew what I was talking about Smile just meant when the gun fired.
I will call.
thanks,
Tony

Posts: 584 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post