SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Yet another grease question...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yet another grease question... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
The responses are always the same and boil down to "I looked at the gun and it looked okay."

Like I said I avoid gun lubrication discussions, but I'm in this one.
I will challenge you to provide any documentation that Lucas (the grease in question) has conducted ANY long term durability testing on ANY firearm, much less a SIG P Series. I don't have the energy to contact them since I know they don't care since firearms are a tiny, tiny part of their lubrication empire so I know it will be an effort to find anyone who really knows what they have done. But in any case I have conducted a really, really long term test on multiple SIG PSeries firearms involving Mobile1 Synthetic grease and more than 100K rounds. I've found its performance acceptable. You may not, other products may be better, but to say that you are far better off with a dedicated firearm grease simply is not backed by any objective third party testing data that I have been able to find (challenge to you on that in previous email as I'm willing to be corrected) and directly contradicts my personal experience. All FWIW>

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
We tracked comparative durability results beween over 30 Team SIG and Grayguns P320's and three alloy framed P226's, using Lucas Extreme Duty Grease / Oil
against various other products. The Lucas pistols held up better.

I provided SIG frame samples which Lucas used for Timken load testing and wear tests.

There are msny excellent firearm lubes. Those designed for automotive purposes may contain additives which work against optimum petformance.

I am told that the Marine grease mrntikned here is not directly comparable. It may work fine but I'm fine with paying for an inarguably excellent purpose-made product that doesn't come in a grease gun.

And no, I have yet to take a dime personally from Lucas. One of our businesses does sell it, in full disclosure, but it's because, however improbably it may seem to cynics, I actually believe in it.

I attribute the outstanding durability abd reliability of our Team SIG pistols to it's liberal use. I saw the results directly.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bruce,
Many thanks for that information and update.
jb

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sig recommends grease, why did my new P220 come from the factory drenched in oil?

Posts: 465 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDG:
If Sig recommends grease, why did my new P220 come from the factory drenched in oil?

Protection from corrosion.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post