SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Wolff Hammer Springs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolff Hammer Springs Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone experienced light strikes with a 17 lb hammer spring? I recently installed an 18 lb spring in my P226 and have had zero malfunctions in 300 rounds. I was thinking about experimenting with a 17 lb spring next.

Posts: 19 | Location: Burnt Hills, NY | Registered: August 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
See this:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1660037724

Every gun is different. Nobody can tell you whether YOUR P226 with a 17# will be reliable. Any use of RP hammer springs in defensive pistol require testing with the defensive ammo to be used. There ain't no shortcut.

In addition, RP springs over time, can slowly weaken. Some do, some don't. So either they are replaced on a set duty cycle or periodically tested with defensive ammo.

I've used 17, 18 and 19 on mine. All were reliable in my P226. I settled on the 18#. For me, the 17# resulted in an undesirable "feel" to the DA and lightened the SA beyond my comfort level. Again, every gun is different.

If there are funky characteristics (rough, gritty, catches, etc.) in the DA a spring isn't going to fix it. You need some action polishing.

Try using the Find feature on the forum. There are a lot of posts on this topic.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As Nipper stated, you never know without testing. I have used the Wolff 17# in several SIGs, but it choked in my P225.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses. I'll give the search function a try. My P226 is a range/competition gun, and was trying to lighten up the trigger pull without having to spend $400 sending it out for an action job. I'm having good luck with the 18lb spring so far so I might as well just keep it that way.

Posts: 19 | Location: Burnt Hills, NY | Registered: August 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post