SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    A tip from an armorer ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tip from an armorer ... Login/Join 
Picture of T.Webb
posted
I was speaking to a salesman from a supply house today and he offered a very useful tip.

I was concerned about a miscellaneous small part flying away, and he suggested disassembling the gun in a clear plastic bag.

So friggin simple I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it myself.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Yes, that technique has been discussed over many threads and many years here...and yet knowing this technique didn't stop me from launching a P226 Magazine Release Catch Pin into low-earth orbit earlier this year...and upon re-entry it remains M.I.A. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Oh, great, just great.

Now that I’ve congratulated myself for never (well …, hardly ever) having launched a part into the black hole of my basement workshop, the karma gods are cackling wildly as they await my next project. Now I probably need to fabricate an entire plastic sheet enclosure around my work bench.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Oh, great, just great.

Now that I’ve congratulated myself for never (well …, hardly ever) having launched a part into the black hole of my basement workshop, the karma gods are cackling wildly as they await my next project. Now I probably need to fabricate an entire plastic sheet enclosure around my work bench.

Big Grin

I was considering one of these...but I like how you think...Go BIG or GO HOME!

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it once with a Walther PPK/S because when I tried it the first time, I sent a couple of springs into the next galaxy.

Posts: 52 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I use a dry cleaner bag when working with small springs.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Used that method with an AR lower assembly.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post