SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P229 Sport Comp Screw Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P229 Sport Comp Screw Spring Login/Join 
Picture of carman
posted
Hello,

Without realizing it I shot the comp screw loose on my P229 Sport .357 Sig, and it went flying out. I found the wedge and screw but the spring is gone.

Would anyone know a source to purchase that part, I know this might be a long shot but I can not stabilize the comp otherwise and of course the sight flops left and right so it is basically unusable.

Or, if a spring can not be found what else may be done to stabilize/lock it down?

Thanks,

Tony

Posts: 584 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
oops, sorry, thought you were looking for the screw.

You might be able to make a spring.

Numrich does not appear to have the spring.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Thanks LDD but I wouldn't know how to make a spring. I also check Numrich with no luck.

I'm going to leave this thread up in case someone has an alternative and also place one in the Classified to see if anyone might have one.

Thanks again though.

Posts: 584 | Location: Illinois | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
My True Value hardware store sells small boxes of assorted springs. Surely you can find something to work. What does this spring look like?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Don't know if this will help or not. I took some measurements and pics of my 229 sport comp spring. I don't have a way to measure compression strength but it is fairly stiff for such a small spring.
Good Luck

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Good idea Gary, I will and thanks also Steve, that will help greatly in matching something up.

MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
Brownells lists a large assortment of springs, contact them or check with a local gunsmith. An actual smith ,not a gun mechanic, should be able to whip something out pretty quick.

an example of the Brownells selection:
Brownells
or
Wolff springs at brownells

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carman
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the suggestions, Steve, your specs save the day, I just got back from the hardware store with an assortment of springs that closly matched and I believe it is solved, a little trimming and done.
I'll prove it out at the range tomorrow.
Thanks again,
Tony