SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig-specific (and Glock too) sight installation tools available for use... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ORIGINAL POST!!
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 18

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig-specific (and Glock too) sight installation tools available for use... READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE ORIGINAL POST!! Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
PLEASE read the [expletive deleted] instructions!!

If you want to borrow a sight tool, you must email one of the members who loans theirs out!! Check their profile for their eddress.

Posting to this thread probably WON’T get you a tool!!!

Thank you
Added 13 April 2008

A bunch of members have agreed to let their fellow Sigforum members use their Sig-specific sight installation tools.

• P-220 is offering the loan of a tool that works on all P-series pistols.
  • Sigseller2000 is offering use of a tool that works only on P-series pistols with a stamped steel slide.

• stoic-one is offering another P series tool that should work on all P-series slides
  • colt_saa is offering one for older P series with the folded steel slides
  • Bccj4 at jimstauffer1[at] Comcast [dot] net has a P series tool
  • Bgrafsr has a P series tool
  • gmcretz, has a factory P-series tool
  • Enigma Nostra has a P series tool
  • Cisco Kid has a MGW 307 Sig Sight tool
  • JayHawker45 has a P-series tool

• Expat has a SigPro sight tool.

• Seasoldier will loan his vertical and slanted MGW sight pusher for Glock pistols

• kellyclan will loan his MGW sight tool for Glock pistols.

They are making these tools available free of charge. They are doing this on the honor system, meaning they are not asking for a deposit. They ask simply that you agree to the following conditions:

1. That when you return the tool, or if they ask you to send it directly to the next person in the queue, the tool be in the same condition when it leaves that it was in when it arrived.

2. That you read and follow all directions that come with the tool. Yes, we know men "don't need no stinkin' directions," but you agree to read and follow the directions any way.

3. That you do not abuse, damage, or attempt to modify the tool.

4. The user not keep the tool for longer than 2 weeks. In short, be considerate of the next bloke and finish using it as quickly as you can. Before you decide to keep the tool, remember George Tsai.

5. The user will pay to ship the tool to the next person in the queue, or if there is not another person in the queue, to return the tool to the owner, via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. You can also send it via USPS Overnight, FedEx overnight or second day, or UPS overnight or second day. And no matter which option you use to send it , you will email the tracking number to both the recipient and the owner.

6. That by requesting the use of the tool, the user acknowledges that these tools are made available with no warranty, guarantee, or assurance of any kind whatsoever that these tools will work as designed, will work for the purposes the user intends or in the way the user wants, or that the use of the tool will not harm the user, the user's firearms, all plant, animal, or other forms of life, minerals, molecules, atoms, subatomic particles, forms of matter, antimatter, or dark matter in a 50,000 mile radius, or anything else whatsoever. The user further guarantees that neither Sigforum, its owners, moderators, or members, especially P-220, sigseller2000, or are in any way shape or form liable or responsible for any damage, injury, insult, illness, or plain old bad karma that results from using these tools. For example, if you break a tube in a brand new night sight, too bad. If you scratch the finish on your slide, too bad. If you damage the dovetail or bend the slide on your brand new X-Five. Too bad. If your gun that was a "tack driver" becomes so widely inaccurate that it poses a risk to people standing behind the muzzle, too bad. If TEOTWAWKI happens because an asteroid smashes into the planet, too bad (but you must still return the tool to the owner). We think you get the idea – they are not liable. Period.

If you would like to avail yourself of this opportunity, please email whichever member has the type of tool you need (see list, above).

If there are other Sigforum members who are willing to join in and add their sight tools to the pool, please email the moderator.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Orndorff,

====Nice is overrated====

Posts: 17524 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Personally I think it's a great service to
us all here on the forum .....I certainly
appreciate your efforts and will keep it in
mind when I need to borrow the tool.

Thanks ..... Sal

NRA
GOA
NYSRPA
SCOPE
Clinton Gun Club
Deerfield Gun Club

Posts: 108 | Location: Upstate , NY | Registered: January 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
You guys can add me too the list as well, I have mine available for loan. It should work with any P series pistol, stamped or milled slide.

My email is in my profile.

-P225
-P226
-SP2340
-P220 9mm
-P220ST
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 2135 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I will make my sight tool available for those that need to adjust their sights on the older P series firearms with the folded steel slides.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

45talk.com
BladeBuzz.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 3554 | Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
You all are to be commended for your generosity!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 13254 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
the "newer" style pusher will work, one for both stainless and stamped slides.

Posts: 571 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is an outstanding example of why this website, and it's members, are so great!

I am in need of a sight tool to put new Meps on my Sig P226 Navy. My email is:

scottmartinnra@hotmail.com

Thanks!!!

And then was (only) one...:
Sig P226 (folded slide West German JJ date code) 9mm

NRA certified Basic Pistol/Personal Protection instructor

Posts: 374 | Location: Seacoast, New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am in need of a tool to adjust the sights on my p228

my email is

mwinoski@hotmail.com

i am in tampa florida area

Posts: 49 | Location: dunedin, florida | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NautclRltr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sigseller2000

What a great thing to offer forum members! Six weeks ago I purchased replacement Trijicon sights thinking that local smiths could install them. Upon calling two in in the area, neither had the specific pusher and one said he just used a hammer. Needles to say, the sights are still in a drawer. I will email you Sigseller2000. Thanks.

“-a concealed handgun and an unconcealed fire extinguisher - they can make all the difference.”

Posts: 85 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NautclRltr
posted Hide Post
Sigseller2000, I could not find your email in the member area of the forum. I would like to take you up on the offer. My email is in my member profile at the end of my short bio. (1994 year) P-226 stamped slide. Regards.

“-a concealed handgun and an unconcealed fire extinguisher - they can make all the difference.”

Posts: 85 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RobG5538
posted Hide Post
I need to use someones pusher for my P220 carry, with nites, and stainless slide. You can e-mail at, nocoderob at comcast dot net, for shipping info.

Thanks!!

Posts: 67 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: February 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
MY email
repguns@yahoo.com

Posts: 571 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
What a great offer! Thanks, guys. Cool

Posts: 2960 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle Larry
posted Hide Post
deleted, thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Uncle Larry,

Posts: 994 | Location: Waynesville,Ohio | Registered: October 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
I know it says above to add a message to this thread, but I think it will be easier for all if those members wanting to use the pushers just email us. I don't check this thread often, and putting the onus on us to continually check this area is not cutting it. We may come off as not willing to give out the pushers, when the case is just that we don't check here. My $.02, I know this comes off like me sounding like an ass, and that is exactly what I don't want. It is much easier for you to email us, than having us continually checking here to see who needs assistance.

You're Being Watched
Picture of glr226
posted Hide Post
Email just sent to P-220 for sight tool.
Thanks everyone, this is really cool. Smile

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

Posts: 2159 | Location: Washington State | Registered: February 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys rock!

I just picked up some new night sights for my P228, is one of the tools available for use? Thanks!

Terrible terrible boating accident.....

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: July 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stoic
Email sent. Thanks.

Posts: 220 | Registered: September 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're Being Watched
Picture of glr226
posted Hide Post
A BIG thanks to P-220. The Sig tool is now on it's way to the next user.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

Posts: 2159 | Location: Washington State | Registered: February 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glr226:
A BIG thanks to P-220. The Sig tool is now on it's way to the next user.

You are very welcome. Ya' know, over 4 dozen members have used mine and as long as it is returned, I will continue to let others use it.

Long Live The P-220

Steve

Posts: 30963 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post